Sunday, October 2, 2011

I'm home!

I'm back, after my stint at house-sitting.
Thank you for missing me, or at least for pretending until my back is turned.

Throughout the evening I'll be catching up on answering comments.
Thanks in advance for whatever you said while I was gone.

Things I Did While I Was House-Sitting:

1. Watched part of the Firefly marathon on the Sci-Fi channel

2. Walked around in nothing but boots and a hoodie* while I waited for my laundry to finish drying

3. Got so chilly I discovered new places where goose bumps can exist

4. Watched a lot of Spongebob Squarepants and enjoyed it immensely despite losing 3% of my brain cells

5. Slept in a bed that is significantly more comfortable than my own

6. Wondered if anyone has ever named a guinea pig "Drosophila"
(Bonus points if you know what a Drosophila is.
Hint: It's not a guinea pig.)

7. Realized that the Pythagorean Theorem would be a lot more fun to learn if it involved triangles made of chocolate


*Fun fact: Apparently in some parts of Canada, a hoodie is called a Bunnyhug. It's such a cute name, it almost helps me to forget the fact that they eat poutine.

P.S. Poutine is probably still better than mushy peas.
.

6 comments:

whall said...

If you don't quit your poutine, I'll give you something to pout about!

Monkey Man said...

Firefly! Yes. You could have stopped right there.

nonamedufus said...

Poutine is definitely better than peas, mushed or not. Until you mentioned it, I'd never heard of a bunny hug. But then if you say it's a Saskatchewan thing that could explain it. Those prairie people can be weird.

Janna said...

whall: (!!) (*audible groan and muffled snicker*)

MonkeyMan: Ooooh, you like it too? My favorite is River.

nonamedufus: I know exactly two people from Saskatchewan, and both are lovably bizarre. I hope they both think of me as "That weird chick from Michigan who's almost as odd as we are."

meleah rebeccah said...

I *heart* Poutine!

Janna said...

meleah: Really? You can have mine, if I ever find any down here in Michigan.