Friday, November 16, 2007

Further proof that I am getting old

I got one of those microfiber cloths to clean my glasses. I love it. It works so much better than a tissue or a cotton cloth. I keep it right here next to the computer, so I can clean my glasses whenever the need arises.
I've noticed something, though..
The moment I take off my glasses, I can no longer read what's on the computer screen. My eyes have gotten that bad.
When the heck did this happen?
I still can't believe it.
Glasses on, I can see fine.
Glasses off, I can't read the words on the screen. I have to lean forward and actually squint.
Soon I will need a cane and a seeing-eye dog just to find my way to the keyboard.
That would be a shame, because I'm really not a dog person.
.

8 comments:

Tug said...

I'm older than you...and I take my glasses OFF to read the computer.

heh.

katherine. said...

I keep my little microfiber cloth in my eyeglass case...and I have to lean waaaaaaaay back to read when I take the specs off.

you are no where NEAR old...stfu

j/k

Janna said...

Tug: So it eventually comes full circle, in a weird twisted sort of way?

Katherine: I am TOO old. Ask any teenager; they'll gladly tell you that 37 is positively ancient.

Wayne said...

Ohhhh, to be 37 again!
ummm.....isn't that why you have glasses in the first place.....to see?
Maybe you should start training a seeing eye kitty?

Mo and The Purries said...

A seeing eye kitty --- ha!

As for being old, granny janny, yep, just keeps gettin' better all the time...

Tug said...

Weird & twisted seems to be a way of life I'm thinking.

;-)

Travis Cody said...

You're not old...your eyes are old. Get a new pair.

Janna said...

Wayne: I wear them to see better, yes, but I still have to take them off occasionally to clean them. Or to pose for pictures where I'm holding a banana against my face.

Morgen: "Granny Janny".... LOL.

Tug: It's the only way to go!

Travis: Somehow I'm still attached to the ones I have...