Monday, June 11, 2007

Of windshields and wipers

After reading the comments to my previous post, I feel I must explain my unique circumstances involving the bird crap on my windshield.
The windshield wiper on the driver's side is wearing away and doesn't wipe anything away. It'll wipe rain away, but often there's a thick streak left behind, in an arc, RIGHT where I have to look when I'm driving.
Coincidentally, this happens to also be the exact location of the bird crap.
So no amount of windshield wipering will scrape it away.
That's why I'm going to the car wash tonight. It's a self-serve one; I'll be taking the little spray-nozzle thingy and soaking everything down before I scrape Tweety's crap away with a squeegee.

6 comments:

The Ferryman said...

I was watching the news the other day and they had this story about a new invention.

Hmm...now, what was it called?

Oh yes! Windex and paper towels!

You could...maybe look into that? :)

Michael said...

Can't you switch the wipers so at least the drivers side gets wiped?

Marilyn said...

You can get new wipers at the car parts place. If you bat your eyes and act all female the guy will go out and put them on for you. I did this once and I'm not swimsuit model material. I just said, "how do you put these things on?" and held it upside down and the guy came out and did the whole thing for me... no extra charge. I tried to tip him (not being very smooth) but he refused the money.

Travis Cody said...

Forgive me for being practical, but the next time you get an oil change you should ask them to replace your wipers.

They do it at Sears and at most drive though oil change places.

Unknown said...

as homestarrunner would say:
seeweeuslee

Janna said...

Michael: I could, if I was even remotely automotively inclined, which I'm not.

Marilyn: Ah, interesting!

Travis: It's hard to forgive people for being practical.

Onionboy: Is Homestarrunner drunk a lot?