Friday, September 22, 2006

Switching to Flickr

It's 1:00 in the morning and I just got done transferring all my geocities blog-photos onto flickr instead. Geocities was being a real [insert uncomplimentary word here], allowing only a small amount of data-transfer per hour before shutting down the site. (They do this to encourage people to abandon the free plan and switch over to the plans which allow more transfer... the thing is, those plans AREN'T free.)
So if my data-transfer limit was exceeded, nobody could see the geocities-based pictures I'd put on my blog. (Like the ones from band, the cemetery, the fountain pens, and others). If any of you ever had a problem viewing some of the pictures here, that was probably why.
I learned about flickr by seeing it used on other blogs, and decided to give it a try myself.
So far, so good.
Whenever possible, I still prefer uploading pictures directly onto blogger, but if it's a post with multiple pictures, I know from experience that Netscape will freeze up on me when I hit "Publish Post." So for those posts I store the pictures on other sites instead, and just link to them remotely.
The first time I saw the word flickr was on D's blog: she referred to it as "Flickr Blogging", which I thought was hilarious because it looked like "Booger Flicking."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Booger Flicking
LOL

let me know how Flick'r works for you

Rosie has it and loves it.
I think Christine has it too.

cool for you
embrace the technology