Friday, May 24, 2013

Not again!

If you're a reader who's been with me since the very beginning, you may remember the saga of the leg injury that was caused by a 2-liter bottle.

(Back in 2007, a 2-liter bottle fell from the top shelf of the fridge and gouged against my leg.  It landed cap-first and created a really bad bruise that refused to heal.  I ended up in the emergency room with cellulitis a few days afterward.)

The whole saga can be read here, if you have time to kill.  (Scroll down).

The reason I'm bringing it up is because it's sort of happening all over again.

This time it didn't happen because of a bottle; it happened because I accidentally had my leg in the way when I was slamming my car door.  The metal corner on the bottom of the door scraped deeply against my leg and made a big bad bruise/gouge.

Ironically, it's about an inch away from the scar left by the previous injury.

It happened on Monday, May 20th, which is also odd because the bottle injury also happened on the 20th day of the month.  (April 20th, 2007).

I keep having deja vu because the bruise is doing almost the same thing as before.  I don't have good circulation in my legs, so wounds don't heal very well.  The bruise (and the wound in the center of it) is getting redder and more painful, plus it might be swelling up.

I went to the doctor's office this morning, only to find that he closed up early for the Memorial Day weekend.  He won't be back til Tuesday.

In the meantime, I'm doing the rest/elevation/cold-compress thing.

Sigh.  I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

nonamedufus said...

I guess that's not an auto immune disease then, Janna?

ShellyS said...

Yowtch! I hope it gets better on its own. I bruise easily, but they heal normally. Now I'm getting sympathy pains. ;)

Janna said...

nonamedufus: Y'know, it took me awhile to get that pun. I felt so lousy that it just didn't make sense at first. Today I had a migraine and was busy barfing in the bathroom, and between heaves it spontaneously made sense.
"OH!" I said to myself. "AUTO-immune... Automotive... He's joking about the car door..."
And then I threw up again.

Shelly: Bruises on my legs just don't heal very well. Other bruises tend to heal normally, but the legs... my circulation is just so bad. :(

nonamedufus said...

Yeah, I've been told my puns can have that effect on people. Sorry.

Janna said...

nonamedufus: THAT'S what people need in little purse-sized spray bottles instead of pepper spray.
Instead of blinding your attacker, you'd just make him look confused as he bent over to throw up next to a dumpster.
It's genius!
And possible more humane, though maybe not. ;)