Friday, November 25, 2011

Or I could just eat things that are still frozen...

I know, I know.
Today is supposed to be the day I do "Friday 55".

It'll be back next week.
I promise.

Well, unless I fall into a volcano or get hit by a bus or something.

Today is Black Friday.
Every fiber of my being is telling me to stay away from stores today.
The crowds, the mad throngs of people, the lines, the squalling toddlers, the impossible parking lots, the...
(*sob*)

And yet, I have to go buy aluminum foil and cooking spray.
Please... someone out there tell me I don't really need either of those things until next year.

It might also be a nice gesture if you sent a pizza to my door.
Especially since I can't bake anything until I buy aluminum foil and cooking spray.

If you never hear from me again, it's because I got trampled by crowds and toddlers and gas-guzzling vehicles and disgruntled employees.

Try to take comfort in the knowledge that I died next to some aluminum foil which was (hopefully) on sale.
.

2 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

Black Friday = NIGHTMARE.

Janna said...

meleah: Definitely! I did end up going to buy my foil and spray, but I went to a very small local store instead of a giant mega-store. Things went well. I survived, and I didn't pay anywhere near as much as I thought I'd have to.
Best of all: Not a toddler in sight!