Monday, September 26, 2011

Things I discovered over the weekend

1. Walking aimlessly around the cemetery is good exercise, plus it lets you see strange creepy forms of moss that you didn't previously know existed.

2. New socks are wonderfully comfortable, and they help your feet to forget about some of the injustices in the world.

3. Tumblr is a strange place. I created an account there so I could post all I wanted about R.E.M. (And therefore bore you slightly less often with my obsession.) Tumblr is nothing like Blogger or Wordpress or any other blogging system I've seen. You don't leave comments on people's stuff there; you actually re-blog what they did, and it shows up on your own Tumblr page. That would be the equivalent of me deciding I liked your blog post, and copying and pasting the whole thing word for word here on The Jannaverse. It would probably tick you off, yet somehow on Tumblr it's considered a compliment. There's no way to leave text comments on anyone's posts. You either re-blog it, or you click on the "like" button. Weird.
The irony is that I've had that account for only a couple days, yet I already get more "comments" (re-blogs and likes) per post than I usually get here at the Jannaverse.
I guess there are a lot of R.E.M. fans and Mike Mills fans on Tumblr.
It's a strange and different place... and yet, I'm growing increasingly fond of it. It makes it really easy to quickly share things like videos and multiple picture sets. I like how it automatically arranges the pictures in a neat style.
Anyway, if any of you care about my R.E.M. obsession enough to want to see multiple pictures and videos of Mike Mills, or if you're interested in seeing a blog where I have not (yet) mentioned farts, here's my new Tumblr blog called "Jangst". (because "angst" is so much better when it's spelled with a "J".)

4. Dead mice start to stink after awhile.

5. When you're trying to sleep in, your cat will make as much noise as possible through a variety of creative methods, including but not limited to earth-shattering meows, crinkling plastic bags, walking over papers, and fighting with the only other cat in the house.
.

9 comments:

whall said...

Ever stop to think -- maybe that moss DIDN'T EXIST until you came along to see it?

Katrina Dawn Miller said...

I love your tumblr.

nonamedufus said...

Neat tumblr site. I'm now following it on tumblr. I left a comment by clicking on the button "Questions? Comments? Anything?" Where it went, I don't know.

On my tumblr page I've added the disqus comment system. Go to the disqus site and follow the directions for tumblr.

I did this after you visited and told me you couldn't leave a comment.

meleah rebeccah said...

I'm not a fan of Tumblr either. But man, I love me some new socks!

00dozo said...

"Jangst"? Fits you perfectly.

;-)

Janna said...

Whall: (*gasp*)... Now I'll always wonder....

Adrian: I'm glad someone does! :)

nonamedufus: Clearly you haven't been stalking me, or you would've seen the "Death To Disqus" signs in my yard.

meleah: Yay for socks!

00dozo: I thought so too. :)

ShellyS said...

I have a tumblr but don't use it much: randomshelly. It's mostly repostings from Cyber Chocolate and occasional original posts. I do read tumblrs, tho, mostly for comic book folks and Doctor Who.

Janna said...

Shelly: I always wanted to become a rabid Doctor Who fan but somehow never got around to it. I do remember that Tom Baker was my favorite.

ShellyS said...

Janna, I'm relatively new to Doctor Who -- I started watching about 2-3 years ago -- but I quickly became a rabid fan.