Monday, August 15, 2011

This is probably why they don't come to Michigan very often

Today Mom and I ordered take-out from a pizza place. It's a relatively new place (less than a year old) and is neatly tucked away from the beaten path of the highway, so it's hard to find unless you already know where it is.

As I was there picking up our stuff, I noticed that one of the cars in the parking lot had a Georgia license plate.

This piqued my interest not only because they were a long way from home, but also because my favorite rock band is originally from Georgia.

(*insert brief daydream about running into Mike Mills and laughing over a platter of Italian breadsticks while politely ignoring each other's garlic breath*)

When I returned with lunch, I mentioned to Mom that there was a car from Georgia at the obscure little pizza place.

"Huh!" she exclaimed in curiosity. "I wonder how they found it?"

"Easy, I said. "It's right next to Alabama."


I'll be here all week.
Try the veal.
Tip your waitress.



.

2 comments:

nonamedufus said...

Wow, Alabama was at your pizza place too? You know you hardly ever hear from those guys anymore.

Janna said...

nonamedufus: You never hear from them because the closer you get, the further they fall.