Sunday, August 14, 2011

How I spent my Friday afternoon

Friday I was in the mood to go out and DO something instead of just driving home and vegetating.

Don't get me wrong, vegetating is great 83% of the time, but that day I wanted to just... I dunno, to DO something.

I was listening to our local radio station, which mentioned that a local deli-type place was selling BBQ ribs that day.
I remembered that same station had mentioned another local business which sold chocolate-covered espresso beans. (It's a combination music store and coffee shop. Yeah. I dunno.)

So I went and bought some BBQ ribs to go, parked in a semi-picturesque place, and loudly-noisily-sloppily ate my dinner while enjoying the bright sunny day.

Then I went to the music store and bought half a pound of chocolate covered espresso beans.
(Eight bucks for half a pound?!!!)

I drove out to the lake and parked near the shore, enjoying the lovely scenery while popping chocolate covered caffeine bombs into my system.

It was nice.

I twittered a brief summary of my lovely experience and watched the lake. People were fishing and water-skiing. On shore, a group of Canadian geese were congregating and discussing the most effective ways to cover the planet in goose poop.


It was a nice time.
After the caffeine particles convinced me I had an imaginary friend who played the bagpipes and loved drinking rocket fuel through a straw shaped like the upper part of Idaho, I drove home. My brain cells may or may not have been vibrating at the same frequency as Russian satellites.

So.... how was YOUR weekend?
.

7 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Are you still awake from all the caffeine? I would be.

Janna said...

MonkeyMan: It's hard to hear you over all the buzzing in my brain, but I-- wow, I think my spleen just exploded. Why did the dinosaurs die? Oh, look! Something shiny! Let's sing! I know just the song!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janna said...

Spam guy #1 who I deleted: Please go play in traffic. Without a helmet.

Spam guy #2 who I deleted: Please go swim with sharks. Naked. With an oozing laceration.

nonamedufus said...

Have you seen my helmet?

Janna said...

nonamedufus: I think the spam guy might have stolen it. Wait until the sharks eat him and you can probably get it back.