Thursday, June 2, 2011

The mouthwatering crunch of despair... and ants

1. I think today I had a love affair with a one-ounce bag of Chili Cheese Fritos. They were so good. I'm a little hurt that they aren't returning my calls and texts, but c'est la vie.

2. Since it's summer, there are a few a ton of ants in my kitchen. The thing is, every time I smash one I feel a little guilty because it reminds me of Woody Allen.

3. For the past week or so, I haven't quite been myself. It's an odd mix of frustration, depression, agitation, despondency, and (insert some other word here. No, go ahead. I don't mind.) Also I have had absolutely no appetite whatsoever for the past week. Ever since finishing that vegetarian week, I haven't cared about eating anything. Not even meat. Nothing sounds good and I don't even care. I have to force myself to eat. Strange. That little bag of Fritos today was the first thing I've really enjoyed in a long time.

4. On the bright side, it helps to listen to my REM cd's. I absolutely love Mike Mills. I like him so much I might even share Chili Cheese Fritos with him if he asked nicely.

5. On second thought, I'm sure he's rich enough to buy his own bag.
.

9 comments:

C.M. Jackson said...

I can always count on you when I need a laugh--you have have a gift my dear--woody would be proud-c

MorningAJ said...

As someone whose food regularly talks back - I advise you to be grateful those Fritos are staying silent!

G-Man said...

Janna...?
Why have you forsaken me?
Those fucking frito's make you forgetful!!

Jannie Funster said...

it is weird when food likes or dislikes change.

Veetarian, eh? Sounds majorly healthy!!

I remember when I lasted 10 of the initial 14 days of the South Beach diet -- the first thing I had were corn cheesy puffs cheeto things and I freaking fell in love too!!!

xo

Janna said...

CM Jackson: Thank you. That means a lot.

MorningAJ: I would love them even if they weren't silent. :)

G-Man: Sigh. Too depressed to do a 55 today. Sorry.

Jannie: I don't think it's that my food tastes have changed; it's that my brain doesn't care anymore.

Brian Miller said...

hey stop giving away the smiles and put one on your face...no really...smiles. dont make me tell you a joke. i suck at telling jokes. some people die laughing, but not from my jokes, well maybe the telling not the laughing. so smile already.

Janna said...

Brian: I wish it was that simple. But hey, thanks for visiting and commenting and wanting to cheer me up.

Go on, tell me a joke anyway.

I promise not to die laughing.

Maybe just a carpal-tunnel-syndrome chuckle or something.

nonamedufus said...

Fritos are a good start. You'll be sucking on baby back ribs soon enough.

Janna said...

nonamedufus: I hope so!