Thursday, November 4, 2010

And best of all, now I have garlic breath from lunch! Mwahahhhhaaa.....

Day #4 of my self-imposed week-long veganism. I'm over halfway done! Three more days until I can comfort my brain with the lovely things it craves.

But for now...

Today I tried more new things!
First I tried a vegan burrito. It was "Amy's" brand.
Non-dairy, organic beans and rice, blah blah blah.

What was weird was that the regular version cost a whole dollar more than the low-sodium version. I figured that for a dollar's difference, I could just add my own salt. (!)

It was surprisingly decent.
The only thing that could have made it better would be... oh yeah... cheese and meat. (!)

I also tried something else which sounded kinda bad at first. It was "V8 Fusion Strawberry Banana".
The "fusion" means they blended vegetable juice with fruit juice. If you click on that link you can see what kinds of vegetables they blended. Trust me, they don't sound like they belong together at all.

And, upon trying it, I discovered that indeed they do NOT belong together. This stuff was awful. And the only thing worse than the initial reaction was the aftertaste. It was like... like burnt sour cabbage or something.
Bleah.

And then I saw this in the store. It's called a "Larabar." I've never tried one before, probably because they're so obscenely expensive. Call me crazy, but I hate paying $1.89 for something that looks like a responsible dog owner should be scooping it up.
But hey, this time I couldn't resist. I found one that was LEMON flavored. And I generally love lemon things. So I took a chance and plunked down $1.89 for a Lemon Larabar.
I liked it, sort of. It was lemony enough to be good. My only criticism is that it was a bit too chock-full of nuts. I wanted to enjoy the lemon but kept getting distracted by almonds and other nut-like things.

......................................................................................................................

Breakfast:
"V-8 Fusion" Strawberry Banana
Kiwi fruit
Lemon Larabar
"Black and Blue Berry" Lifewater

Lunch:
Amy's Organic Vegan Burrito w/rice and beans
Artichoke Garlic Salsa
Corn Chips
Grape Tomatoes

Dinner:
Cranberries
Tomatoes
Kiwi fruit
Strawberry Apricot Lifewater

......................................................................................................................

No comments: