Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things to do with any spare chickens you might have around the house

1. Train them to clean the bathroom after houseguests had a particularly bad reaction to your new recipe for shrimp Milanese.

2. Express remorse about the fact that Teddy Bears are common in our culture while Teddy Chickens are conspicuously absent

3. Gossip about how all those spotted owls think they're SO smart and SO much better than the rest of poultrykind.

4. Dress them up in little Star Trek uniforms and reenact your favorite episodes.

5. Or you could always try this. It might be great.
.

8 comments:

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I love Szechuan chicken, so thanks for the recipe! Also, I agree with you that owls are the most arrogant of fowl, worse than even peregrine falcons, who think they're all that because they can fly so fast. It's not all about flying fast, my feathered friends.

Janna said...

MikeWJ: I love Szechuan chicken too. The hotter the better.
P.S. I wonder if anyone's ever hit a peregrine falcon with a Ford Falcon.

nonamedufus said...

My vote's for #5 - yum. But I can see how practical #1 would be.

Monkey Man said...

Or cut off their little heads. Watch their bodies run around giving credence to the saying "Run around like a chicken with it's head cut off". Then make that delish Szechuan chicken...extra spicy.

Anonymous said...

#3 is funny but I am definitely in favor of #5!

Janna said...

nonamedufus: Very practical! And next time I'll make a note NOT to store shrimp Milanese at room temperature for an entire afternoon in 80 degree weather. Live and learn, eh?

MonkeyMan: The spicier the better!

Grace: I wonder how Szechuan spotted owls would taste...

PattiKen said...

Not that I'm advocating anything like this, of course, being the totally PC person that I am, but I can tell you that chickens are pretty freakin' funny when they are drunk...

Janna said...

PattiKen: I'd LOVE to know how you know that. :)