Thursday, June 24, 2010

Mmmmm.... Squidgy!

Today's British grocery item is Jaffa Cakes.

Now I have to say, I was excited when I saw these in the store.
They're described as follows:
"Ten spongy cakes with the squidgy orange bit".

And the picture showed them covered with chocolate.

My eyes blinked wide.
I LOVE the combination of chocolate and orange flavors.

One of my very favorite things in the whole entire world is chocolate covered candied orange peel.
It's hard to find, so I make sure to enjoy it immensely when I find some.

Jaffa cakes are amazing.
I love them.
I need a tote bag that says "Janna Loves Jaffa!"
Seriously, I will be buying these again. And again.

Incidentally, they really DO have a "squidgy orange bit".
But it's squidgy in a good way.
Like, "happy joyous squidginess that makes your mouth glad to be alive."

Not "dead waterlogged rat" squidgy at all.
Unless you're into that sort of thing.
.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Pim's cookies by LU - deadly delicious in both orange and raspberry...Damn, and I already put in my grocery order.

怡伶 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nonamedufus said...

I think what that guy ahead of me said was "Orange you glad they're covered in chocolate?"

Monkey Man said...

Squidgy. I love the Brits.

PattiKen said...

Yeah, what Monkey Man said.

Anonymous said...

Along with Wagon Wheels (US equivalent is moon pies), Jaffa Cakes are my favorite, mmm, now I need to get me some.

Janna said...

Grace: Sounds yummy! Raspberry too, huh?

Spam guy who I have come to despise: QUIT THAT!

nonamedufus: LOL! I wish! :)

MonkeyMan: Me too. Between my love for Jaffa cakes and my fondness for Monty Python, I might as well just move over there right now. :)

PattiKen: Yeah! (!!)

miksplace: I agree; these things are awesome! Expensive but awesome nonetheless!

PattiKen said...

Mik, do you have a British equivalent ot RC Cola to go with those Wagon Wheels? You can't have Moon Pies without RC Cola. That would just be wrong.

Anonymous said...

Yup, raspberry too. And available in just about every grocery store. Cookie aisle.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Squidgy is my new favorite word. I've never tried Jaffa cakes, but they sound delicious and now I must have some. Must. Now. Have. Some. No, make that lots.

Janna said...

PattiKen: I've never tried those two items together... and now I have the awful sense that I've been missing out on something wonderful.

Grace: Drat! I looked for them yesterday but couldn't find them. I'll try a different store....

MikeWJ: I highly recommend them!