Monday, February 8, 2010

Blissfully ignorant as the smell of pizza wafts through the air

Let it hereby be known that I survived Superbowl Sunday.
The bagel pizzas in my freezer, however, did not. :)
Neither did about half the chicken nuggets.

I hear the Saints won.

Since I'm not a sportsy person, this makes about as much sense as hearing someone say "Wow! Did you catch the Flurgheppian Quiknurt last night? The Samineck Blublubs totally wasted the Nogan Spackledorfs! At first it looked like the Spackledorfs were going to win, but after thirdtime, their looseleaf quartertoes made this spectacular leap across the magnificent 98-millimeter line! I nearly peed my pants!!

On the bright side, I hear there were some interesting commercials for Beige Wizzle Snockers, and the Wherefore Whywhens did a fun halftime thingy.

Congrats to the Blublub fans; my condolences to the Spackledorfs.
.

12 comments:

Lee said...

Thanks for the laugh! I needed it and I didn't watch the game..was it on today??

Janna said...

Lee: LOL! I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :)

Lynda said...

That makes perfect sense to me too!

Anonymous said...

HA! You should be a commentator, Janna :)

And Mom found my stash o' bagel bites whilst I was sleepin'...GAAAAHH!!

Anonymous said...

You're are so demented - Love it!

Nessa said...

Hurray for The Samineck Blublubs!

Dark

whall said...

The Spackledorfs couldn't hit a field mouse if they tried. LACES OUT!

nonamedufus said...

That about describes it...dead on. Can you tell I was pulling for the Spackledorfs?

Janna said...

Lynda: It makes even more sense after eating pizza bagels!

Subby: Nooooo! She ate the bagel bites? What happened? Was tackling involved? Did the ref decide it was foul?

Grace: I try!

Nessa: I wonder what their mascot is...

Whall: It took me about five minutes to figure out where I'd heard "Laces OUT" before. Then I remembered. :)

NoNameDufus: I would never have guessed. :)

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

What are you talking about? What's sportsy and Saints? Are you speaking in tongues? Have you become a Holy Roller?

Nishant said...

That makes perfect sense to me too!

Work From Home

Janna said...

MikeWJ: Apparently the saint people are down in New Orleans, and I have no idea if they can speak in tongues or not. I already exhausted my full extent of sports knowledge in that other post. My brain is sportsically empty now. Not even a ping-pong ball left.

Nishant: ESPN and Sports Illustrated sound pretty much the same way. :)