Thursday, June 25, 2009

39 Years... and still 100% stick-free! (I think)

Two things I overheard on Wednesday:

1. Wednesday afternoon at work I overheard a lady talking to her friend about how she needed to pick up some milk and bread from the store.
Since it was over 90 degrees out there, though, she said she didn't want to leave it in the car for very long because she "didn't want it to turn into cottage cheese and toast."
I thought this was hilarious.

2. Wednesday evening I picked up a few items at the store. The guy in line ahead of me seemed kind of odd and creepy; it's as if he was trying to impress the (male) cashier by sounding extra tough. He kept saying things about how he had to leave his previous residence because he "got in trouble" with the law and didn't know whether he could avoid getting in trouble again.
He kept using the word "stick", as in "I just know I'm gonna stick somebody again someday," "I can't help it, man; if somebody harasses my friends, I'm gonna have to stick them. That's what I do." "I'm gonna have to stick them, that's just how it is, man."

So, when he finally left, and the cashier guy was ringing up my purchases, I smiled and said:
"Just for the record, I don't think I've ever 'stuck' anyone. "
.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO. Too funny. I haven't stuck anyone either.

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, have "stuck" people. One should never piss me off when I have a sharp object in my hand.

Kelly Ann said...

Cottage cheese and toast. Love it!

Janna said...

Thom: It's never too late!

Grace: I'll try to always stay on your good side.

LadySarcasm: It cracked me up. :)

Ed & Jeanne said...

Figure you'd get STUCK behind him in line...

Janna said...

VE: Exactly!

Kyle said...

Does it count if you accidentally stuck yourself? :)

Janna said...

Kyle: Only if you can prove it was really an accident. :)

PepOMint said...

LOL! at the sticking...

Don't know if this was at Thriftway (or what is left of it) but I ran into some chick in thrre who was from Boston who felt she was SO "cosmopolitan" that she said she can't relate to people here..come ON..i'm from Brooklyn, NY and I do just fine!!......whack jobs! lol

Waltsense.com said...

hmmm...did he mean rob as in "stick em up" or penetrate in a violent way "stick them"...the latter is maybe made up by me but not sure what else he could mean. It's kind of pseudo sexual and red-neck at the same time. Sweet story and great blog.

Janna said...

BrooklynGirl(Patti?): Yes, it was Thriftway. Wow, has that place gone downhill or what???!

Waltsense: It seemed he meant "Stick" as in "Cause Bodily Injury". Perhaps by shooting or stabbing. Not the most pleasant guy to be around!

PepOMint said...

Yes, it's me Patti! :) it's been so busy here..sorry for taking so long to reply..we have our first farmers market tomorrow in downtown hillsdale :)

Anyways, Thriftway has changed..a lot but we're dealing with them to provide produce and pumpkins for retail and it looks like they're working hard to get it together...

is it ok to email you my #? call me sometime..if you ever are bored i'm here! i'd really loved to hang out and have some girl time..and maybe a glass of wine or something!