Saturday, October 11, 2008

I'm here now! (Wait... maybe not...)

This afternoon I visited my grandmother and gave her a manicure. Her nails are now pretty and pink and shiny.
Mine are bright yellow with black polka dots. It's ok, though; I painted them that way on purpose. I'm going for the "strange incurable disease" look.

Anyway, I left my computer on while I was gone because I was waiting for a video to download.
When I got home, the video was done, I watched it, and all was well with the world.

(Well, except for that whole economic crisis thing; I guess that's still a problem. Whatever.)

I also noticed that I'd left a Facebook window open. This means that possibly some friends had tried chatting with me in my absence, only to find silence instead. Actually, now that I think about it, this could've happened in the past as well; there are quite a few times when I leave the computer on if I'm going into town for a moment. People may see that thing at the bottom of the Facebook screen which says how many friends are online, and my name shows up... but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm really here.
If this happened to you, I promise I wasn't ignoring you and I don't hate you.

(*pause*)

Well, there's a 97.3% chance I don't hate you.
And those are pretty good odds.
.

10 comments:

Mo and The Purries said...

...that whole economic crisis thing...

First time I've ever been relieved to be too poor for a 401K and a nice stock portfolio.

whall said...

Well, I left this comment *two years* ago and you _just_now_ got around to approving it on this post.

Way to go, procrastotron!

Marilyn said...

Wow. I don't hate you either. 100% chance.

Anonymous said...

Your grandma didn't want diseased looking nails? You're a good granchild. I hope my grandchildren come and groom me when I'm old

Da Old Man said...

Yellow with black polka dots is a pretty good look. Sort of a ladybug with jaundice.

Janna said...

EvilGenius: And here I thought it was because you liked me...

Morgen: Me too!

Whall: Two years ago I had just barely started blogging!

Marilyn: Yay! What a coincidence!

Xup: If they don't, I will. Ask for my price sheet. I'm surprisingly affordable.

DaOldMan: Exactly!

Marilyn said...

How far will you drive to give a manicure?

Janna said...

Marilyn: Pretty darn far, as long as you're willing to pay all the travel expenses. I prefer hotels with mini bars, room service, and extra large bathtubs. :)

Anonymous said...

he he 3 hour sis lot of time lol

Janna said...

Farmhouse: Well, it depends on what you're doing for those three hours... :)