Friday, September 12, 2008

Various Thoughts

1) It is a lot easier to carve a meatball than a pumpkin. Though sometimes the facial expressions don't come out quite right.

2) I wish there was deodorant that smelled like grapefruit.

3) Earlier today, while waiting for Excedrin to get rid of my headache, I closed my eyes and rocked back and forth in the fetal position while humming the theme to an old Meow Mix commercial.

4) I wish we could skip summer, and go directly from spring into autumn.

5) I'm not wearing any pants right now.

6) In case someday there is a trivia competition which asks the question "What did Janna have for dinner on the evening of August 29th, 2008," the answer is nachos.
.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I googled that for ya and it seems Dove Ultimate Clear Go Fresh is a grapefruit and lemon grass scented deodorant...I hope that helps :)

whall said...

I hope you got the notes right. A lot of people miss the last three notes, thinking it's a different scale on the way down than the first two mini-phrases.

In C-Major, it's
F-E-D-C F-E-D-C F-E-F-F#-G-E-D-C

I'm pretty sure the Civil American Theme Statement (CATS), ratified in 1834 and catified in 1906 states that the misrepresentation of the Meow Mix Theme song, or any derivation thereof, in humming or blog form, results in doubling of catnip rations.

Marilyn said...

I'm wondering if the notation is for real or if Whall made it up, because I'm pretty sure he's either a lot wackier than I thought or a genius. I've been trying to decide for days.

You should post pictures of your carved meatballs. Are they homemade or the frozen kind?

anthonynorth said...

Some interesting thoughts there. You've definitely got me scratching my head :-)
In a nice way.

Janna said...

BroadwayMatron: Oooh, really? Now I just have to find that in a store around here....

Whall: Proof that I am a music geek: (1) Yes, I had been singing the notes right (2) I actually read through your notes just to make sure (3) Just for fun, I transposed it into Ab major instead:

Ab-G-F-Eb
Ab-G-F-Eb
Ab-G-Ab-A
nat-Bb-G-F-Eb....

(ooh, let's do B-major now!)

B-A#-G#-F#
B-A#-G#-F#
B-A#-B-C-C#-A#-G#-F#....


Thank you, Whall, for helping me further unleash my inner music nerd.

Marilyn: Trust me, it's real. Whall is wacky AND he knows music. As for the meatballs, I start out with the frozen kind and let them thaw.

AnthonyNorth: As long as it's in a nice way. :)

Mo and The Purries said...

I am pretty sure I saw a grapefruit scented deodorant on the shelves, too... on vacation, we had grapefruit scented (very strongly scented) hand soap in the downstairs bathroom and I thought of you every time I pooped.

Janna said...

Morgen: So if you'd eaten more fiber during your vacation, you would have thought of me more often?