Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I will return! (I think)

When I typed THIS post awhile back, I honestly had no clue that apparently there really IS a Michigan legend of a cryptozoological creature known as the "Dogman". Sorta like a canine twist on the bigfoot story. I had no idea! I love stuff like this; why have I not heard of this before?!

I just did a brief Jantrails post about the legend.

I doubt it's actually what I heard that day, though I have to admit I still don't know what made that noise.

Anyway, now that I'm sufficiently spooked about the Michigan wilderness, I learned today that I will be house-sitting for my Mother for three nights while she and dad go on vacation.
They live out in the country on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by forests.

Lucky me!

So, I may not be able to reply to your comments while I'm gone.
I have posts all set to drop for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So please stop by! There will be new stuff to read each day. And please comment! Go nuts! I promise that I'll respond to all the comments eventually, when I get home on Saturday night.

Unless, of course, a giant werewolf finds me and carries me off into the woods and tears me to pieces for a midnight snack.
Then I may take a little longer.
But it'll be a heck of a cool thing to blog about, right?
.

The Legend of Michigan's Dogman from mindstage on Vimeo.
.

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm here before Whall, again! Sweet.

If silver bullets work for werewolves and wooden stakes for vampires, what do you need for a dogman?

whall said...

Maybe "the Michigan Dogman" is doing the same thing - watching the den for his mother and father while they go out "on vacation" to spook (and/or eat) a bunch of unsuspecting vacationers.

A lot of people don't like the dogman's mother. Some people just can't stand Dogma.

Trukindog said...

Dang thats a hadsome fella at the top of this post, I'll send out a Howlagraph to my Michigan cousins to leave you alone while your house sittin...besides its not food we want pretty gals like you for its breading. ;-) heh heh

Evil Genius said...

Holy dog crap! Be careful out there in the woods and don't leave any meat hanging outside!! hehe!

Travis said...

OK...that just creeped me out.

Janna said...

Marilyn: I'm hoping silver bullets work for all dog/wolf monsters. Otherwise I just wasted a ton of money.

Whall: Well, she IS a bitch...

Trukindog: Breading? That means I'm going to be fried and eaten! Unless you meant breeding...

EvilGenius: I was very careful. My meat always hangs indoors. (I woulda sounded a lot cooler saying that if I was a guy)...

Travis: Pretty cool, huh?

Trukindog said...

HA HA yeah I meant breeding LOL

Janna said...

Trukindog: Whew!! :)