Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I will return! (I think)

When I typed THIS post awhile back, I honestly had no clue that apparently there really IS a Michigan legend of a cryptozoological creature known as the "Dogman". Sorta like a canine twist on the bigfoot story. I had no idea! I love stuff like this; why have I not heard of this before?!

I just did a brief Jantrails post about the legend.

I doubt it's actually what I heard that day, though I have to admit I still don't know what made that noise.

Anyway, now that I'm sufficiently spooked about the Michigan wilderness, I learned today that I will be house-sitting for my Mother for three nights while she and dad go on vacation.
They live out in the country on a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by forests.

Lucky me!

So, I may not be able to reply to your comments while I'm gone.
I have posts all set to drop for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So please stop by! There will be new stuff to read each day. And please comment! Go nuts! I promise that I'll respond to all the comments eventually, when I get home on Saturday night.

Unless, of course, a giant werewolf finds me and carries me off into the woods and tears me to pieces for a midnight snack.
Then I may take a little longer.
But it'll be a heck of a cool thing to blog about, right?
.

The Legend of Michigan's Dogman from mindstage on Vimeo.
.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

I'm here before Whall, again! Sweet.

If silver bullets work for werewolves and wooden stakes for vampires, what do you need for a dogman?

whall said...

Maybe "the Michigan Dogman" is doing the same thing - watching the den for his mother and father while they go out "on vacation" to spook (and/or eat) a bunch of unsuspecting vacationers.

A lot of people don't like the dogman's mother. Some people just can't stand Dogma.

Trukindog said...

Dang thats a hadsome fella at the top of this post, I'll send out a Howlagraph to my Michigan cousins to leave you alone while your house sittin...besides its not food we want pretty gals like you for its breading. ;-) heh heh

Travis Cody said...

OK...that just creeped me out.

Janna said...

Marilyn: I'm hoping silver bullets work for all dog/wolf monsters. Otherwise I just wasted a ton of money.

Whall: Well, she IS a bitch...

Trukindog: Breading? That means I'm going to be fried and eaten! Unless you meant breeding...

EvilGenius: I was very careful. My meat always hangs indoors. (I woulda sounded a lot cooler saying that if I was a guy)...

Travis: Pretty cool, huh?

Janna said...

Trukindog: Whew!! :)