Saturday, April 5, 2008

I hope I remember to bring a towel

As some of you know, this has been a very sad, heartbreaking week for me.
So, the aliens are going to stop by on Monday and take me to Venus, or Alpha Centauri, or Excedrin Beta, or wherever the hell they live. I wasn't really paying attention when they offered. How bad could it be?
They were going to take me away on Sunday, but I said "No, wait, let me at least stick around for Fab's radio show. He's having this Big Honking Duet show (April 6th, 6:00pm EST) with two hours of karaoke. And I'll be singing one of the songs. ("Obsession," by Animotion). I recorded my half of the karaoke weeks ago, long before I asked you guys to take me away. So I'd at least like to stick around and hear how it sounds with Fab's half added in. Then we can go. Ok?"
"Ok," they said. "After your primitive radio humiliation is complete, we will then abduct you as per our contract."

I hope there are hors d'ouvres on the flight.

I also hope their probing tools are broken.
Maybe.
.

8 comments:

Amazing Gracie said...

If summers are cooler elsewhere in the universe, I just might go with you...
~~~Blessings~~~

Mo and The Purries said...

Obsession, eh?
Oh, the irony!

Do I get another F-bomb?
;)

Gwenhwyfar said...

Remember, if you go any where with the Centauri, the women are normally bald, the men have elaborate hair styles and they all dress like Napoleon and Joséphine on acid.

The Ferryman said...

You wish! They do a complete 37-point inspection on those probing tools twice a day.

The Ferryman said...

Oh, and thanks for the pimpage. I think our song turned out boss.

Michael C said...

Yes, hope for broken probes. Aliens go real skimpy on the alien probe lube. So I hear.

Marilyn said...

Maybe they'll be good-looking aliens and the probe won't be so bad.

Can you blog from there? Are you going to show us pictures?

Janna said...

Gracie: Sounds good!

Morgen: Yes, sadly ironic, isn't it?

Gwen: Well, at least this way I won't have to worry about fixing my hair. I will need a good scalp conditioner, though.

Fab: The song DID turn out neat.

MichaelC: And they use some cheap generic brand instead of K-Y. Bastards.

Marilyn: I think I may have signed a forced-amnesia contract with them. And I think the camera was what they probed me with. Trust me, no one needs to see that.

Mimi: A meme? During this heartbreaking week? Are you trying to kill me? Ok, ok, I'll go check it out. Although the dungeon would actually be a peaceful respite.