Sunday, December 23, 2007

Perhaps I need more cookies

I'm glad I'm not one of those people entrusted with writing holiday stories to delight an entire generation.

Clement Moore wrote "Twas The Night Before Christmas,"
Dr. Seuss wrote about the Grinch,
and Charles Dickens wrote about Scrooge.

That's gonna have to be enough, 'cause lemme tell ya, I am too exhausted to have my name added to the list. I have no energy. I am curled up in a little ball waiting for it all to be over.

If I had to wrote a heartwarming holiday story right now, it would probably come out sounding like this:

"Once upon a time there was somebody. I don't really remember who. They lived somewhere and did something, and there was somebody else who tried to stop them or kill them or something, but somehow they lived happily ever after anyway, except for one guy who died a hideously painful death. Oh, and I think it might have been snowing.

...
The End."
.

Please go check out my post over at Burt Reynolds' Mustache today, where I further embrace my inner Grinch.
.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Twas the night before Christmas. I went to friggin bed.

The end.

Later Y'all

The Ferryman said...

Gee whiz, thanks for nothing.

This is the worst Christmas ever!!!

Liz Hill said...

Who doesn't need more cookies ;-)

Janna said...

Meloncutter: I love happy endings.

Mr. Fab: Hey, it could be worse. You could be the guy who died the hideously painful death.

Turnbaby: Exactly. Send some.

Pandora Wilde said...

Hi!

Thanks so much for the comment on "Christmas Carols and other Allergies." It's cool to find out someone knows exactly what you mean.

I see you're from Michigan--I used to live there, in Brighton and New Hudson... wonder where you are?

Travis Cody said...

Every Christmas needs a Grinch. As I see it, you are providing a necessary service.

I'd say that definitely deserves more cookies.

Durward Discussion said...

There is even a Christmas song for people who are having a rotten winter

We Need A Little Christmas Angela Lansbury or

Lucille Ball version

As Mame would say, "Life is a banquet and most poor folks are starving to death". It's time to fill up your plate and have a wonderful holiday even if you have to fake it until you believe.

Janna said...

Pand0ra: I am in Litchfield!

Travis: Thank you! When will you be sending the cookies.

Jamie: Um, no. Thanks, but that advice is not for me. I do not "believe". I do not celebrate this time of year. I never have, and I hope I never do. I LOVE winter, I just hate the holidays.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Grinch...err, ummm, I mean sweet Janna. ;)

Mo and The Purries said...

twas the night before Christmas
and all through the blogosphere

okay, that's all I got
Ho Ho Ho
anyway
Mo

Janna said...

CWM: Actually I kinda like the Grinch. :)

Morgen: Ho Ho Ho to you too, babe. :)