Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dona Nobis Pacem

Today is "Blog Blast For Peace Day". Bloggers everywhere (well, almost everywhere) are displaying these peace globe banners they've decorated. Here's mine.
And, in case you need some ideas, here are a few things we can do while we're all being peaceful:

1) Eat chocolate.

2) Walk into a Chinese restaurant and pretend that you only speak French; insist on getting croissants with your chow mein. After reading your fortune cookie (with the help of a French-English dictionary),kiss the waiter on both sides of his face and exclaim "Merci, monsieur! Tres bon!"

3) Go into a bookstore, find the magazine rack, and sort through the ones that have perfume sample pages. Sniff each one thoughtfully and comment to the employees "Ohh, now this one makes me feel REALLY peaceful."

4) Did I mention eating chocolate?

5) Make a bunch of stickers that say "Peaceful Electric Pony Whiskers" and attach them to random items in the grocery store.

6) Roast a bunch of hot dogs for you and your friends (See previous picture I posted an hour ago)

7) Write an anonymous letter to one of the veterinarians in your neighborhood, insisting that you can speak "raccoon." Mention that you have an extremely urgent message from the raccoon king which is a last-ditch effort for peace between our species.

8) Take a permanent marker and write your favorite recipe on the side of your house.

9) Make up dance steps to your favorite TV commercials.

10) Or, just eat chocolate.
.

22 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Wonderful globe, Janna.

Peace to you.

Janna said...

Desert Songbird: Same to you. Here, have some chocolate.

Green fodder said...

Hey, tht's a charming post...
btw, u have mentioned chocolates quite sometime in your blog, so thought u wud like to have a look at my post, 'That dark, creamy world of chocolates' on http://greenfodder.blogspot.com/2007/11/that-dark-creamy-world-of-chocolates.html

cya, and again, a nice post..

Wayne said...

I'll have to remember to bring you some chocolates next time we visit Mo. What is your favorite?

Schmoop said...

Peace and Cheers Janna!!

Mo and The Purries said...

I saved the last one of my CHOCOLATE peanut butter cups from Wayne just for today!

Peace to you!

By the way, the Raccoon King is now a speed bump on SR 362 just north of Five Mile. Thought you'd want to know.

Travis Cody said...

I believe that this post proves that there is no right or wrong way to bring peace to the world.

You rock, and so does your Peace Globe!

Happy Peace Globe Day.

Unknown said...

Sending love, peace and chocolate to you! ♥

Misty DawnS said...

LOVE this post! This is fantastic!

Janna said...

Greenfodder: Thank you for stopping by! Visit again soon!

Wayne: My favorite is dark chocolate covered orange peel. I blogged about it here in this Jantics post.

Matt-man: Same to you!

Morgen: Hopefully the raccoon prince will be better about looking both ways.

Travis: Well said. I do what I can. :)

Sanni: Thank you! Those are three of my most favorite things to get!

Misty Dawn: Thanks so much! Come back again soon!

Durward Discussion said...

It is always helpful to laugh in the face of those who profit from war and smile gently at all those who eat chocolate and hot dogs.

katherine. said...

do you have trader joe's where you are...they have wonderful chocolate coverered oranges....


I'm going for brownies and wine later....

Janna said...

Jamie: Especially if the hot dogs have chili on them.

Katherine: Aw, nope, I don't think I've ever heard of Trader Joe's. What a shame. Sounds good, though...

Merritt Fields said...

UGH...perfume samples are almost as nauseating as ketchup!!!

Marilyn said...

Oh wow... I did a list of ten too. I feel like I went to a party wearing the same dress as the hostess... Only thankfully your list is actually funny and full of chocolate.

Janna said...

Aisby: You're missing out on all the good things in life! Next thing you know, you'll be telling me you hate oxygen! Try the oxygen! It's good!

Marilyn: It's ok. Your dress was probably prettier. And I think mine had a stain on it.

Liz Hill said...

Mmmmmmmm chocolate


Did you say anything else? ;-)

Janna said...

Turnbaby: Nah, the chocolate was the most important part.

Annelisa said...

Hmmmm, love the 'eat chocolate'... makes me feel really peaceful!!

Peace to you Janna!

Janna said...

Annelisa: Peace to you too.

Mimi Lenox said...

Number 7 is my favorite. Ha!

Thanks for participating. Your peace globe is incredible. It is a great picture of you and you look so...so....well...peaceful.

Janna said...

Mimi: Thanks! If you'd been here the day I posted it, you'd have seen that I also had a banner to match it! Everything was all color-coordinated. It was great. :)
Peace!