Thursday, April 5, 2007

April snow... sounds like a fabric softener

This is how much snow we got yesterday. Not a lot; you can still see the grass through it. Currently the temperature here is 27 degrees F, with a wind chill of 13.... Sure, I'm cold, but I would MUCH rather have this than the horrible midsummer heat. Anything over 72 is out of my comfort zone. Anything over 80 makes me wish I was dead.
Notice the forsythia bush in my front yard that has no idea what the hell's going on.
It's just as well. I hate forsythia. And daffodils. And tulips. Not real crazy about iris, either.
Maybe I should just move to Canada.
I feel like I'm already almost there as it is.

8 comments:

Steven said...

Wow, and I'm having panic attacks because a few flakes fell here today. Thanks for the perspective! By the way, Montreal is a beautiful city...I would definitely come to visit.

Morgen said...

I couldn't even force myself to take pictures of it, it was so awful...
driving home last night was almost white-out conditions and the weather on the radio says "Chance of flurries tonight" YA THINK???

Janna said...

Steve: That would almost make it worth moving to Montreal!

Morgen: Awww. This isn't so bad. It's a godsend, compared to the sweltering hellish misery that will be here in another couple weeks. Go out and take a deep breath and enjoy the feeling of frosty frozen lungs. You'll wish you had, when summer arrives.

Mr. Fabulous said...

You are CRAZY to live up there!

Morgen said...

za
(THIS COMMENT PROVIDED BY JAZPER)
`````````````````

Morgen says:
Southwest Michigan forecast for today= up to TWO INCHES of snow overnight, with another one to TWO inches of snow on Saturday...
...waiting for the sweltering hellish misery...

Janna said...

Mr. Fab: You're just NOW figuring out that I'm crazy??

Jazper: Me too!

Morgen: Four inches total? Wow!

Lynda said...

Wow, in Indy we just got a few flakes spit at us. They didn't even stick!

Janna said...

Lynda: I'm surprised THESE have stuck for as long as they have!