Sunday, October 22, 2006

Jannafer doesn't exist!

Vinnie (over at Bitter Cup Of Joe) has this neat thing on his blog today where you can find out how many people in the US have the same name as you.
What a neat idea!
I went over and tried it myself.
I typed in "Jannafer", plus my last name, and guess what it said....

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
0
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Um, my first name REALLY IS "Jannafer"....
But apparently I don't exist!

So then I typed in "Janna" instead, which is what most people have called me ever since 7th grade.
And here's what came up for THAT:

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
8
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

Ok, so now at least I exist... things are looking up. (Sad thought: What if the eight "Jannas" are all OTHER people and it STILL doesn't recognize me?) (!!)

Anyway, before seventh grade I was known as "Jannie."
So, here are the results for Jannie (plus last name):

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are:
7
people with my name
in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?

It also listed some fun facts about the name "Jannie":

*There are 13,499 people in the U.S. with the first name Jannie.
*Statistically the 1580th most popular first name. (tied with 104 other first names)
*More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Jannie are female.

So this means that 0.1 percent of "Jannies" are MEN???
0.1 percent of 13,499 is 13.49......... so there are thirteen men named "Jannie", (plus .49 percent of a man somewhere, named Jannie.)
(I'm not gonna ask).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello.
Morgen here.
Since this not so nifty little website says I don't exist, either -- where the heck are they getting their information? -- I thought I'd post this comment from anonymous.
It said that there are NO Morgen Pittmans in the US.
There are no people in the US with the first name Morgen.
There are 15,000 people in the US with the first name Morgan -- with an A, and 8 of them are Morgan Pittmans.
Nice to know I don't exist.
Now, how can I get my creditors to realize that????

Janna said...

Hi, there!
Welcome to the club!
We should form a support group for people who don't exist... We can start next weekend when I visit.
Make sure at least Lee exists, so there'll be someone to make the punch. ;)

Anonymous said...

I borrowed this idea from you. Hope ya don't mind. I did give you credit for it, though =)