Friday, September 1, 2006

Lost and Found

I have a confession to make.
A few days ago I realized I LOST JACK!
Jack was gone; I couldn't find him anywhere!
I came to this realization a few days ago when Morgen suggested I take Jack on my next "Let's take pictures at the cemetery" trip.
"What a great idea!" I thought.
And that's when it dawned on me that I had no clue where poor Jack was.
"Oh, NO!" I said. (Actually I said something a little more colorful than that, but you get the idea.)
I was embarrassed to admit it, because it seems like I'm always losing things. Morgen and Lee like to joke that one of my most frequent phrases is "Um, I know it's around here somewhere..."
I looked everywhere. Heck, I even looked in the fridge. No Jack.
Well, this evening I decided I was in the mood for one of my little bags of Xtra-Hot potato chips. I reached into the grocery bag to pull out a bag of chips, and to my utter shock and surprise I FOUND JACK in there! Yay! I found Jack! But I swear I do not remember putting him in with the potato chips! How the heck did he get in there??? Did he get the munchies and wander in there on his own?
Welcome back, Jack. Now if I could just find the zillion other things I seem to have lost.
I know they're around here somewhere.....

No comments: