Thursday, August 31, 2006

Vehicular Omen

The "Check Engine" light came on today, on my dashboard....... And I have no idea what's wrong. Seems to be driving just fine, no discernible problems. Drat. I wonder what's getting ready to break. Hope I don't end up stranded somewhere before it gets figured out.
If, sometime in the next few days, you abruptly stop hearing from me, search the roads for my car. Hopefully I'll still be in there, sobbing quietly and slowly dying of thirst after all the spare ketchup packets have been consumed.

1 comment:

Christine Boles said...

Mine has been on for like 2 years now. They come on automatically, on some models, when it's time for a tune-up or engine check or time to change your friggin air filter, that kind of thing.

Of course, they'll find something wrong with it, if you take it to the garage~ they wouldn't want you to waste your time, bringing it in, now, would they?