Thursday, September 25, 2014

I'm still alive! Sort of. And my ear itches.

I just wrote this to someone in an e-mail, after which I realized it would also make an appropriate blog post to let you all know how I'm doing:

If stress was an all-night buffet, I would have passed out in the
corner long ago.
People would come poke me to see if I was still alive, and I'd mutter
incoherent things about free crab cakes and chocolate tortes.
Meanwhile, a scorpion-thing would be crawling out of my ear, like that
one in the old Star Trek movie.

I imagine stress probably tastes like really strong lemonade where
someone forgot to add the sugar.


As for the actual real-life update, I can sum it up thusly:
 My health issues continue to get worse, my mobility is worse than it's been in a long time, and I am still fighting to get on disability.  If my lawyer can actually help this work out, I promise not to make any more lawyer jokes for a long, long time.
.

2 comments:

nonamedufus said...

It's good to hear from you again. (Mmm, look, crab cakes.) I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I can identify with that. Maybe we should get together to commiserate ...and enjoy some of those crab cakes.

ShellyS said...

Glad to see you're still around, but it sucks that your health sucks. I hope things start looking up soon.