Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Tires and Ice

Today we're beset with the first real winter storm of the season so far.

As Michigan winter storms go, this one isn't really all that bad, but the roads are still terrible.  I already saw one accident today, and I'm sure lots more will happen.

Northerners know how to drive in junk like this.  We can't always avoid accidents 100% of the time, but we've learned how to be as safe and careful as possible.  I learned through trial and error during my teenage years, after spinning into my share of ditches.

You can definitely tell which drivers are from this area, and which ones are Southerners who are here to visit their relatives during the holidays.

Things you should NOT do while driving in a winter storm:

1.  Sneeze
2.  Text your friends
3.  Slam your foot on the brakes
4.  Apply makeup
5.  Dance
6.  Try scratching where it itches
7.  Eat french fries
8.  Blink
.

Careful out there, guys.
 .
.

2 comments:

nonamedufus said...

I avoided the holiday storms this year and went to Panama and missed a snowfall of 35cm December 19th and another of 28cm on boxing day. The only thing white here is the sand on the beach. Have a happy new year Janna. I hope it brings you all the best!

Janna said...

nonamedufus: Pardon my sobbing. I'm very cold. Please bring me something tropical.
Bonus points if he looks like Mike Mills did in 2003.