Monday, September 19, 2011

Sometimes you feel like a (soy) nut...

Time for my next attempt at trying something new.

Today I tried chocolate covered soy nuts.

You can make a lot of different things from soybeans, and I was optimistically hoping that a tasty snack was one of them.

I was hoping that it would be crunchy-nutty-tasty (like cashews) and not icky-mushy-soft (like tofu).

I was pleasantly surprised.
They're delicious.

Really addictive, in fact.

The crunch level is somewhere between a peanut and a sunflower seed.
I'm still nibbling on them even as I'm typing this... I keep having to stop typing so I can pop a few more into my mouth.
(*crunch munch crunch*)

Really good.
I (*munch crunch*) heartily approve.

(*crunch*)
(*munch...*)
Awww.... man. I just ate the last one.
.

3 comments:

whall said...

Last I heard, Soy is pretty darned mad. He had no idea this was possible simply by signing the revised subscriber agreement with his cell phone company.

Read the fine print, people!

nonamedufus said...

Where does soy come from anyway? I thought it was a milk substitute. But now it's a nut? I find it hard to keep track of these things. Soy, I'll just stop trying I think about it.

Janna said...

Whall: So... soy sued? I see...

nonamedufus: Soy comes from soybeans. I guess you can make just about ANYTHING from soybeans. Fake meat, fabric, fuel, and... milk. Weird, isn't it?