Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wow, I wonder what those lines on the pavement are for?

One thing I've noticed lately is that there are a lot of people who do a lousy job at parking.
There have been plenty of times these past few weeks when I've been unable to park in the spot I wanted because someone else parked so close to the line (or OVER the line) that I couldn't fit.

It's like an epidemic.

Within 4 months, we'll all be parking sideways and upside down, diagonally, or balanced on one tire or something.

I did discover, to my amusement, that there is an entire website devoted to pictures of cars which are hideously parked. I like it, even if it does reduce my meager faith in humanity about 14% every time I visit.
.

6 comments:

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I hate people who park badly. Very inconsiderate. I've been known to park very, very close them so they'd have a hard time getting in their cars. That's mean, I guess.

Now I feel bad.

Not really. They deserved it.

Marilyn said...

I think some people think it's a clever way to avoid door dings. I've always felt that door dings add character... might have something to do with the old junkers I drive.

Janna said...

MikeWJ: I agree; it IS very inconsiderate. I can't tell if they're purposely being rude, or if they just honestly don't notice that they're inconveniencing other people.

Marilyn: If they want to avoid getting dents in their car, they should ride a bicycle.

PattiKen said...

The ones who drive me crazy are the ones aren't in a legit space at all.

whall said...

In high school, a couple friends of mine and I got that super-high-adhesive orange stickers and printed up some rude (and snarky/funny) comments with a not-so-family-friendly caricature and always had a couple with us to slap on the driver's windshield.

I'm glad I haven't kept that kind of vengeful wrath with me into my adult years.

Looking back, I was WAY too lenient. Now I just get their car towed into a handicap parking space in front of the police department and slap on some anarchist and pro-marijuana-reform bumper stickers on it.

Janna said...

PattiKen: Those too!

Whall: Thanks for the tantalizing glimpse into your angst-ridden and vengeful youth! And adulthood. :)