Thursday, February 25, 2010

So, um, Bambi might be limping the next time you see him...

On the way home today, I saw something odd in the middle of the road.
I did a double take and actually turned back around to drive past it again and make sure it really was what I thought.
It was a deer leg.
Not even the whole leg, either; just the "elbow" on down to the hoof.
The rest of the deer was nowhere to be found.
Kind of sad.
Maybe a scavenger/predator bit off the leg somewhere else and dragged it to the middle of the road and then lost interest?

Things I still haven't seen in the middle of the road:

1. A crocodile eating something blue
2. Precious antiquities from 1311 a.d.
3. My left kidney
4. Your spleen
5. Paris Hilton's dignity
6. Three pounds of Swiss cheese
7. A senator
8. Prescription for something related to cholesterol
9. An intelligent squirrel
10. Coupon for $1.00 off my next purchase at Taco Bell
11. Policeman offering to arrest everyone who tailgates me
12. Anything that rhymes with "rutabaga"
13. All the socks I lose every time I do laundry
.

9 comments:

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

I have seen a senator in the middle of the road, and a Winnebaga, which rhymes with with rutabega. But I don't think we'll ever see Hilton's dignity in the middle of the road, because I don't think she's got any. As far as that poor deer goes, she got hit by a drunk driver. Tried to sue, but her lawyer told her she didn't have a leg to stand on.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Where is #11 when that happens? And Pop hit more than his share of deer...'tis not a fun experience, lemme tell ya!

Nessa said...

You have an interesting road.

T13 - "A"

Akannie said...

Most likely the remains of a field dressed deer...we see 'em all the time out here. Hunters shoot the deer and cut off all the parts they don't want and leave 'em lay.


And then , my Jack Russell Terrorist drags them into my yard and to gross me out. Once she came up into the driveway, backwards, slowly dragging the entire leg...about 3 feet of it. Eewww....

Chris said...

I'm not surprised, Janna. I left my spleen in San Francisco.

With apologies to the inimitable Tony Bennett.

Janna said...

MikeWJ: Did you hit the senator?

Subby: I've managed to make it 40 years without hitting a deer, but I'm sure my day will come eventually. It's only a matter of time...

Nessa: Truly!

Akannie: "Jack Russell Terrorist"... LOL!!

Chris@Knucklehead: I've been looking for a nice place to leave my spleen, but so far no place looks quite right.

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

No, but I wanted to. I not all that fond of politicians.

PattiKen said...

Yeah, I keep looking for one of those US Congress license plates that says "Intelligent life inside."...

Janna said...

MikeWJ: I still can't decide if your conscientious restraint makes me feel proud or disappointed. :)

PattiKen: LOL. A rarity indeed!