Thursday, October 8, 2009

Time for more additions to the Jannapedia

SCARAL: Her voice was loud enough to scaral the kids and animals in a ten-mile radius.

CYCAR: Why choose between a bicycle and a car? Get both, with the new Chrysler CyCar! It has all the comfort and manageability you'd expect from a four-door car with only two wheels.

SICANTE: Picante sauce which makes you sick.

BUNMEN: I bet they eat a lot of sesame seeds.

NONINA: I screamed "NoNina, don't stick the fork in the electrical outlet!" But she did it anyway.

MENCA: Mensa for people who aren't quite as smart. (Like Nina.)

LATIV: The word "vital" spelled backwards, which I guess must mean "deadly".

SWINESSE: Swine with lots of finesse. (Just imagine the elegant BBQ sandwiches!).

YESSESS: A positive response from someone who is trying to use a jackhammer at the same time.

NOUSLAY: Sort of like the signs that say "No U-Turn", except "No U-Slay" means "please don't kill anyone in the car even if you've just ridden 500 miles with them and they are annoying you more than you ever dreamed possible."

GLYPHO: A typo in hieroglyphs. (Very inconvenient if the eraser hasn't been invented yet.)

CITINER: If you citiner chair, she will ask you to move. So be sure and fart in it first.

EXOTION: An emotion you don't have anymore.
.

13 comments:

Marilyn said...

Do you have to pedal the car?

Janna said...

Marilyn: Probably! :o

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

1) Leave it to Chrysler to create the cycar. No wonder they're broke.

2) I'll bet bunmen eat more than sesame seeds.

3) Men. For people who aren't smart enough to be in Mensa or Menca. (with apologies to my gender)

4) I would love a swinesse BBQ sandwich. As long as it's not lativ.

5) Nouslay. What parents say on vacation.

6) Glyphosappho. A lesbian who can't spell.

7) Citinis. Go ahead and sit in his chair. And don't worry about farting. It's already well seasoned.

You funny, Janna! :)

Janna said...

MikeWJ: "Well-seasoned" made me laugh out loud. :) (Do you have your own blend of "herbs and spices"?)

Anonymous said...

Glypho and exotions - my favorites in this batch...

Lidian said...

I know all about exotions, believe me. We needed a word for them!

You ought to make a book out of these, they are brilliant :)

Mom said...

These are wonderful. I especially like 'nonina'... though around my house it is 'norisa'.

whall said...

My fave is menca and nonina. Braveau (which means "new bra" in French)

Janna said...

Grace: I think my favorites are Glypho and Cycar. Though Swinesse amuses me too...

Lidian: And you could make a great book out of the Kitchen Retro stuff too!

Mom: Lemme guess-- You're the mom to someone named Risa? :)

Whall: That reminds me, I should probably get a braveau one of these days....

Ed & Jeanne said...

I'm gonna add JJAXXAVXZ because it pisses off Scrabble players as they don't have the tiles to use it...

Janna said...

VE: That would be a lot of points!

Lee said...

I was sent over here by GoingLikeSixty. I hate to be WV spoiler, but my goal is to rid the world of WV one blog at a time!! Visit me and you will see what I mean!!

Janna said...

Lee: At first I thought "Why do you want to get rid of those cute little cars?" But then I realized you said WV instead of VW....