Monday, August 17, 2009

And the shirt doesn't look bad either

It's good to be back.
I've decided to pretend that you all missed me so much you couldn't bear to eat anything while I was gone, and as a result you all lost ten pounds, which explains why you look so fantastic in those pants.

I would've posted last night, except my stupid ISP's server was down, so I couldn't get online.

Sunday I had a bit of a scare when I realized my wallet was missing.
After mentally re-tracing my steps, I decided I must have left it at the store when I went grocery shopping.
By the time I realized this and went back to the store, they'd already closed for the day.
So I went back first thing this morning and asked about it... and lo and behold, they DID have it right there waiting for me. Intact. With nothing stolen out of it.

What a relief. (!!!)

If only stress and anxiety burned more calories, I could be in those skinny pants right along with you.
In a separate pair of pants, I mean.
Not the same ones.
That would be awkward.
.

14 comments:

Travis Cody said...

Glad you found your wallet. And I did miss you!

Ed & Jeanne said...

You weren't really gone. Some other person with your ID came by and filled in for you...

Anonymous said...

Janna, huzzah! I did this with a very good pair of gloves, once. Someone had the good sense to bring them to the service desk, and there they were, waiting for me. And if stress was arelated to weight loss, I'd be a stick-person, wot?

Anonymous said...

I gotta agree, if stress burned more calories I'd be a size minus 1. Good that that someone was honest...bad that you were away...

Da Old Man said...

Glad you got your wallet back safely. Ny faith in humanity has been restored.

Gwenhwyfar said...

I never carry a wallet or a purse. Everything just goes in my pockets. But I fucking hate it when I have a momentary lapse in sanity (shut-up) and put my debit card in the wrong pocket. There's that total freak out while I search through all my shit trying to find it.
Only lost it entirely once.

Janna said...

Travis: I'm so glad! :)

VE: (!!!)

Subtorp: If stress was related to weight loss, corporate jobs would be a lot more popular.

Grace: I wonder what a size minus-one dress would look like...

DaOldMan: I'm still not sure I have faith in humanity, but at least I feel somewhat encouraged now!

Gwen: "Only lost it entirely once"?? You mean the card, or your sanity? (or both?)

Gwenhwyfar said...

I lost the sanity entirely years ago. The card I've only lost the once, that I had replace tho. Unlike the sanity.

Janna said...

Gwen: It's just as well. Sanities are really expensive to replace. I've discovered that you can substitute it with a chunk of raw cabbage and nobody really knows the difference.

Lynda said...

I have a pair of pants we both may be able to fit in. Oh wait. You said NOT the same pants.

:(

MYM said...

Well I do believe this is my first visit ... which explains why my pants are tight.

Somehow that doesn't sound quite right.

Janna said...

Lynda: Not the same pants. Trust me. :)

DrowseyMonkey: Welcome! I'll try to nonchalantly look elsewhere while you fix the pants problem. (Oooh, look! A cloud!)

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

If stress burned calories, I'd look like a bunch of pretzels wearing clothes instead of a bunch of cans of crisco wearing really large clothes. I also lost my wallet recently, and I also found it the next day intact. I restored my faith in humanity for about 90 seconds, and then I started looking around me and the feeling passed.

Janna said...

MikeWJ: Now I keep picturing a bunch of pretzels wearing tube socks...