Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just me, ranting. Nothing to see here.

Still having annoying ISP troubles.
Still constantly getting "Address Not Found" errors for sites that are obviously still in existence. (BBC, Google, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Gmail). The outages occur about 90% of the time. And it's been going on for a week and a half. (ever since May 9th). Other people (with the same ISP) are experiencing the exact same thing.
I hate my ISP.

If I click my heels together three times and repeat "There's noplace like DSL, there's noplace like DSL," will I be magically transported away from this miserable land of inept irresponsible crackpots?
Will the Flying "Bad Customer Service" Monkeys come and carry them away?
Will the wizard give them a brain?
Can I hit them with my broom?
.

9 comments:

Gwenhwyfar said...

I know I've said it before, but you can come live with me.

Alta Design Signs said...

Most things can be solved by hitting the culprit with a broom it's just that sometimes it's hard to figure out who to hit.

Chris said...

Onot the flying monkeys. I hate those things almost as much as I hate clowns.

Chris
cdmauger.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Ooops... Alta was me. Ignore Please. I'm going to have to learn to double check that before I go blog hopping.

Janna said...

Gwen: Can I bring the cats?

AltaDesignSigns/Marilyn: True!

Chris: I know a couple other people that hate clowns too. You're not alone! I can take or leave them, myself. I wish I understood why they have such a huge psychological impact on people sometimes. Interesting.

Marilyn: Oooh, so now I know your secret superhero identity! Does this mean you have to kill me in order to keep your secret?

Marilyn said...

Nope. It's not really so secret.

whall said...

Change your DNS server to point to 4.2.2.1 or 64.218.170.254 and see if that helps temporarily.

If it doesn't, check your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and make sure it's mostly empty.

I can help you offline with this stuff if you wish.

Lynda said...

We have been having issues with the DSL here. I miss the cable modem sometimes.

Janna said...

Marilyn: Whew!

Whall: No, no, I was just kidding. I don't have DSL. I'm on dial up and am foolishly HOPING that one day I'll have DSL or something better. It was my ISP's fault; every year they have at least one period of weird outages for some reason. They rarely admit there's a problem, and they don't listen when I complain. The problem tends to correct itself on its own after a few days. So, this time I didn't complain to them at all. (Though I know other customers did). And, today, over two weeks later, the problem SEEMS to be fixed. I can't believe it took two whole weeks this time.

Lynda: I wish I had DSL or cable or something better than dial-up.