Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Of course, Victor always was a little strange

Last week Marilyn did a post about the VLT in the European Southern Labaratory.
It turns out that VLT is a real acronym used by astronomers.... it stands for "Very Large Telescope."
This amuses me.

Here are 10 other things the letters VLT could stand for:

1. Vampires Like Transylvania
2. Valerie Looked Trashy
3. Vikings Love Thor!
4. Vitamin-Laced Turnips
5. Virtual Lollipop Technology
6. Vegetarians Like Tofu
7. Vehement Loathsome Troll
8. Very Little Training
9. Voluptuous Luscious Torte
10. Victor Licks Tacos
.

5 comments:

whall said...

The vikings one wouldn't be the same without the exclamation mark.

I'm down with VLT
(yeah, you know me!)

Video-Like Trailer
"Vanquish" Lice Treatment
Veterans Liberate Tormented
Vermin-Laden Turkey (mmmm!)

Anonymous said...

Victor licks tacos? What's so strange about that?

Oh...wait...never mind.

Janna said...

(Janna says: OMG!!! Only two comments all day? Wow! It wasn't THAT bad of a post, was it???)

Whall: Thank you for noticing the exclamation mark! :) I think I had some vermin-laden turkey a couple weeks ago. (I don't recommend it.)

GigglePixie: Hee! :)

Marilyn said...

Are virtual lollipops sugar-free.

Very Little Training= My blogging credentials.

Thank you for the plug. I missed today's science all week post. It's turning into Science Most of the Week.

Janna said...

Marilyn: Even science MOST of the week is still better than no science at all. :)