Wednesday, January 10, 2007

music update

Brief post to let you all know I'm still alive:
I spent twelve hours yesterday working on my band piece, (twelve!!!) and it STILL wasn't ready in time for the rehearsal. The "composition" part is over; it's just all the 'grunt' work of transferring the parts onto individual pages, and actually printing them out. (My printer is v-e-r-y ... s-l-o-w....). I got all the instrument parts printed out, but only three pages of the 17-page conductor's score.
This was a bummer because I really wanted to have it rehearsed last night.
Now I gotta wait til next week instead.
After rehearsal (which went well, we had other interesting stuff to play) and ABC group, I was exhausted. I went to bed at about midnight (didn't even stay up to watch all of Letterman!), and slept til about 8:00.
And here I am.

No comments: